Beauty of Vietnam Cambodia overland 12 days
- Tour code: VLWOW02
- Duration: 12 Days 11 Nights
- Have great senses of with tree-lined lanes and graceful old architecture, traditional culture and fantastic street food
- Discovering majestic Halong Bay on cruise then kayaking and swimming among karst islets
- Visit Cu Chi underground tunnel in Ho Chi Minh
- Visit bustling Mekong Delta with floating market
- Visit Killing fields in Phnom Penh and boat trip on the other lines of Mekong river
- Visit amazing temples and buildings in Angkor Wat - Ancient city in Cambodia
Day 1: HANOI ARRIVAL
Upon arrival in Hanoi, you’ll be warmly welcomed by our driver and transfer to hotel in Hanoi centre. Free time to relax after long flight. Overnight in Hanoi
Day 2: HANOI - HALONG BAY TOUR. OVERNIGHT ON CRUISE ( B,L,D)
7h45 - 8h30 Pick you up at your hotel.
12h30 Arrive at Tuan Chau harbour and refresh at the Oasis Bay Lounge for about 20 minutes before boarding.
13h00 Transfer to cruise. Welcome drink, cruise briefing, safety instructions, and check-in cabins. Cruise and program commence.
13h30-14h30 Special lunch will be served on board while cruising and passing by Dog islet, Fighting Cock islet (symbol of Halong Bay), Hoa Cuong fishing village, Swan islet. After having lunch, the Oasis Bay will continue exploring the wonders of Halong bay. Anchoring the vessels at Frog Pond area.
15h30-17h00 Explore this beautiful area by kayaking through the majestic scenery or swimming in emerald coloured water.
17h15-18h45 Relax on the sundeck with a few cocktails complimented by a variety of tropical fruits and best local wines. Then attend a cooking demonstration with our Chef to learn one of the most popular cuisines in Vietnam: spring rolls, or refresh yourself in outdoor Jacuzzi.
19h00-20h00 Enjoy a specially gourmet dinner.
21h00-23h00 Evening Activities, relax at leisure: squid fishing
Day 3: HALONG BAY - HA NOI (B,L)
6h30 Wake up to a very special morning with an organized Taichi class among the peaceful surroundings of Halong.
7h00-7h30 Breakfast. Coffee & tea with assorted homemade pastries, fresh juices…
8h00-9h00 Visit Sung Sot Cave, hiking up and down 600 steps to the magnificent limestone formations of the most beautiful and biggest cave in Halong bay.
9h30 Check-out cabins and settle bills.
10h30 Lunch will be served while the Oasis Bay is crusing back to Tuan Chau harbor.
12h30-12h45 Shuttle bus pick guest up at Oasis Bay Lounge.
17h00-17h30 Arrive in Hanoi
Day 4: HANOI FREE DAY (B)
You have this day for free to explore Hanoi city. You can wander along streets in Hanoi Old Quarter to see how’s the local life going on with lots of vendors, busy Dong Xuan market, visit Hoan Kiem Lake where has Ngoc Son temple, Turtle tower...or get to small lane at Nguyen Huu Huan street to taste a cup of Egg coffee at Giang Coffee which is too famous....Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 5: HANOI - FLIGHT TO HO CHI MINH CITY (B)
Have breakfast at hotel, have free time till pick up for transfer to the airport and get domestic flight to Ho Chi minh city. Airport pick up and check in hotel. Overnight in Ho Chi minh city
Day 6: HO CHI MINH CITY - CU CHI TUNNEL TOUR (B,L)
Located 60km from HCMC, Cu Chi is now a popular spot for both Vietnamese & foreign tourists - the network of over 200km of tunnels became legendary when they played a vital role in the War. In their heyday, the tunnels were functioning underground cities including numerous trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers & kitchens.
Today, ducks and water buffalos happily co-exist in the rivers along the side of the road. However, the peaceful rural rice paddy scenery belies the area’s violent history. Visitors will find it hard to imagine the destruction, damage & defoliation over this whole area, caused by bombing and mines. There is plenty of evidence of the fierce battle that took place here during the 1960s when Cu Chi was a "Free Target Zone".
Before entering the tunnels visitors can watch a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed. You will spend the next hour exploring the tunnels. Afterwards, enjoy tea, cassava (guerrilla’s food during the war). Return to Ho Chi Minh city.
Free time in the afternoon and overnight in Ho CHi Minh city.
Day 7: MEKONG DELTA TOUR AND FLOATING MARKET (B,L)
Pick up at hotel 07.30 - 08.00
The Mekong Delta became famous world wide during what locals call the anti-American War. The Delta is also famous for its floating markets which are typical of the Phung Hiep and the Cai Be. On arriving in the Delta, you can start the motorized boat to visit the Cai Be floating market, experience how people exchanging goods, fruit and many other commodities on their vessels
For those who just have a short time, Mekong Delta tour Cai Be Floating Market will give you an overview of the typical of Vietnam. On the way, you can see the green paddy fields stretching towards the horizon (3 hours driving).
After arrival in the Cai Be, we will on board for an exploration of lush vegetation of the Mekong Delta and the lively floating market. Next the visitors could enjoy a nice trip by rowing the boat on the maze of shady canals to arrive at a local orchard in order to enjoy the fresh local tropical fruits.
Moreover, we could visit the daily life activities of the handicraft villages of the local people. We will have a break and enjoy lunch at the orchard fruit garden. From here we will have a pleasant time riding bicycles to villages, sightseeing or relaxing on the hammock. Then continue on boat to Vinh Long city for a land market. Lastly, the bus will take you back to Sai gon to end the trip.
Day 8: HO CHI MINH – BUS TO PHNOM PENH CAMBODIA – CHECK IN HOTEL ( B )
Pick up from the hotel to bus station, Bus starts at 7.00 am and drive to Moc Bai border gate to enter Cambodia (bus time 6 – 7 hours). You will get visa on arrival with the help of bus crew (on request) for you to pass Cambodia. Bus station pick up and check in hotel in Phnom Penh
Bus to Cambodia, overnight at hotel
Day 9: PHNOM PENH - KILLING FIELDS CHOEUNG EK - RUSSIAN MARKET (B, L)
After breakfast, at 08.00 Visit the Tuol Sleng Prison Museum and the notorious 'Killing Fields' of Choeung Ek, which will give us a deep insight into the painful bloody rule of the Khmer Rouge. Lunch at local restaurant. We will have time this afternoon to explore Psar Toul Tom Pong, also called the “Russian Market", where anything and everything is for sales.
Later this afternoon, we will take one hour boat cruise on the Mekong river. Overnight at hotel in Phnom Penh.
Day 10: PHNOM PENH - SIEM REAP BY BUS (B )
Transfer by private car to take a bus to Siem Reap; time on bus will be 6 hours. Private pick up and check in hotel in Siem Reap
Day 11: SIEM REAP - ANGKOR TEMPLES (B,L)
08.00 After breakfast, proceed to Angkor Thom Area (Angkor Thom Temple South Gate, Bayon Temple, Baphuon Temple, Phimean Akas Temple, Elephants Terrace & Leper King Terrace, Royal Palace, Woman and Man Pond) Proceed to visit Ta-Prom Temple,
After lunch, continue your journey to Angkor Wat Temple - one of the seven greatest architectural wonders of the world, built in between the 9th - 13th century, Before you end the tour, make a visit to Bakheng Hill for its beautiful sunset.
Overnight at Hotel.
Day 12: SIEM REAP DEPARTURE (B)
After breakfast, free at leisure till the time for you to be transferred to the airport for your flight back home.
- Private airport transfers
- Transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
11 nights Accommodation at Good quality Hotels in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap (listed at the end of itinerary)
- Full facilities cabin on board in Halong Bay with all activities as mentioned.
- 18 selected Meals (B=Breakfast,L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- English speaking guide in guided tours (Halong, Cu Chi, Mekong, Killing fields & Angkor Wat)
- Entrance fees
- Boat trip in Halong Bay
- Kayaking in Halong Bay
- Cooking class in Halong Bay.
- Boat trip in Mekong
- Boat trip in Phnom Penh
- Bus ticket Ho Chi Minh - Phnom Penh - Siem Reap (upgrade to flight option with surcharge is available)
- Domestic FLIGHT TICKET from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh city (07kg hand baggage and 20kg checked baggage)
- International flight of arrival and departure
- Visa to Vietnam & Cambodia (we can support visa on arrival with extra small cost)
- Compulsory Gala Dinner on Peak dates such as Christmas Eve, New Year Eve...
- Travel insurance,customers are advised to purchase the appropriate insurance before departing.
- Tips (not compulsory but highly appreciated)
- Personal expenses
- Any surcharge for special food
- Beverages, soft drinks...
- Others not mentioned clearly above
|Hotel 3*||1267 USD|
|Hotel 4 *||1884 USD|
- If customers want to extend their trip, please inform Viland Travel at email@example.com
- Itinerary can be changed upon the uncontrolled weather conditions
- List of Hotels in the package is our first priority. In case one of these options is full, we will choose equivalent hotels with same quality to replace without prior notice.
- If needed customers are advised to bring their passports for overnight registration on sites
- Warm clothes required during stays from Nov 2018 to Feb 2019
- Keep contact with Viland Travel to get support anytime
- Discount 35%