6 DAYS HIKING IN & AROUND THE HILL TRIBES KYAING TONG
- Duration: 6 Days 5 Nights
- Explore Yangon, sightseeing to Wan Pauk the village of the red clothed Palaung
- Trekking to see AKha with silver headdress & Ann tribes black teeth.
- Visiting Akha's different villages on Hokyin mountain & discover the culture of ethnic minorities, see daily life of people there
- Discover the BogyokeAung San (Scott) Market) - the most popular market in her
- Day 1: Yangon arrival
Day 2: Yangon – Kyaing tong
After breakfast, fly to Kyaing Tong. Arrive and transfer to the hotel. In the afternoon go sightseeing to Wan-Pauk, the village of the red clothed Palaung, with silver and lacquered waist-bands. In the evening walk around the Naung Tong Lake, and take a brief stop at My Cup Beer station.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 3: Trekking to see Akha & Ann tribes
Today, morning starts with a visit by car to Kyaing Tong, to the north, Pin Tauk Area Pon Ping village, then trekking to see Akha with silver headdress & Ann tribes with black teeth.
Picnic lunch at trekking village and a brief stop to see Wan Kan villagers making Sake' Rice Wine, in the traditional process, and Wan Lau village's hand-making "Saa-pulp", Shan Paper Works.
Return to hotel and overnight.
Day 4: Hiking & explore to Hilltribe
Breakfast at the hotel, then a one hour drive out of Kyaing Tong, to heading south-east on Tachileik road. The car will park at Pan-Vwai village, and this is where we will start to walk upwards, to visit Akha's 4 different villages on Hokyin mountain, where they stay together in a different religion, and you can observe the culture of ethnicminorities, and daily life of people there.
Enjoy for the stunning views of the surrounding hills and Kyaing Tong. Return to hotel and overnight.
Day 5: Kyaing Tong – Yangon (B)
Fly back to Yangon. Arrival Yangon, visit to Bogyoke Aung San (Scott) Market the most popular market (close on every Monday & Public holiday) and where you can buy luxury item, handicrafts, foods, clothing, jewelry, fashion and consumer goods.
Afternoon, leisure time at hotel and overnight.
Day 6: Yangon departure (B)
Morning leisure or walk around near hotel before transfer to Yangon international airport for departure.
~ End of Service ~
- Hotel accommodation based on sharing Twin/Double basic
- All the transfers and excursion with private air-conditioned vehicles, and drivers
- English Speaking Stationed Guide
- Hiking/Trekking Guide
- Daily breakfast & 02-Lunch as per mentioned in program (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch)
- Entrance fees
- Water and refreshing towel on touring days
- Services mentioned in the program
- International flight in/out
- Domestic Flights
- Early check-in/Late check-out
- Porter charges at airports and jetties
- Drinks, tips, and personal expenses
- Visa and Insurance fees
- Any other items and services not mentioned in the program
What will be the temperature like?
In Kyaing Tong during the winter months, it can be quite cold and warm clothing is required. Hotels do not have heating. The weather during March and April can be hazy. The winter months are sunny, but cold at night, and fresh in the morning.
Notes for Trekking/Hiking
- You are advised to carry a small day pack, torch light and sun protection.
- For Hiking - good solid walking shoes with walking sticks are recommended.
- Please note that villages change and roads can suffer damage in the rainy season and exact itinerary is subject to change.