4 DAYS EXPLORE CAMBODIA AT GLANCE
- Tour code: CPC 06
- Duration: 4 days 3 nights
- Discover famous Pagoda - which is made up of 5000 silver tiles, join views over the tree lined avenues of Phnom Penh during sunset.
- Discover a deep insight into the painful bloody rule of the Khmer Rouge
- Sightseeing tour of Angkor area, explore the wondrous ancient, take the Tuk Tuk (the most common taxi in Cambodia)
- Boat trip on the Tonle Sap lake, discover floating market in here
Day 1: Phnom Penh Arrival - halfday temple tour
Upon arrival Phnom Penh port, our tour guide & driver will pick up and transfer to hotel for check in. The same afternoon, we start to visit Royal Palace, built by King Norodom in 1866 on the site of the old town, and the Silver Pagoda.
Located within the grounds of the Royal Palace, the Silver Pagoda is so named because of its floor, which is made up of 5000 silver tiles. The treasures found inside include a solid gold Buddha encrusted and weighing 90kilograms and a small 17th century emerald and baccarat crystal Buddha. We will also visit Wat Phnom Temple, Phnom Penh's namesake, from where you can enjoy views over the tree-lined avenues of Phnom Penh during sunset.
Overnight in Phnom Penh
Day 2: Killing fileds – Siem Reap
Breakfast at hotel: Heading out of town we visit the Tuol Sleng Prison Museum and the notorious 'Killing Fields' of Choeung Ek, which will give us a deep insight into the painful bloody rule of the Khmer Rouge. We have time this afternoon, exploring Psar Toul Tom Pong, also called the Russian Market", where anything and everything is for sales. Transfer to siem Reap with 2 options:
By Flight takes 45 minutes
By Local bus takes 6 hours
Arrival in Siemreap, pick up and transfer to hotel for check in. Overnight in Siem Reap.
Day 3: Fullday visit Angkor temples – Blessing ceremony by Buddhist monks
Breakfast at hotel: Start your sightseeing tour of Angkor area we spend a full day exploring the wondrous ancient ruins with the South Gate of Angkor Thom, which is famous for its series of colossal human faces carved in stone, the impressive Bayon Temple, the Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, the Elephant Terrace, the Terrace of the Leper King and the largest as well as the most complete temple of Angkor Wat.
This architectural masterpiece was constructed in the 12th century and covers an area of about 210 hectares. We stroll around this massive edifice, seeing the many galleries with columns, libraries, pavilions, courtyards and ponds full of water reflecting the towering temple and the jungle covered temple of Ta Prohm is an incredible sight.
There are enormous fig trees and gigantic creepers which embrace themselves in the stone foundations of the structure giving the impression of man's creation being reclaimed by the powerful forces of nature. Early this evening, we will take the Tuk Tuk (the most common taxi in Cambodia) to cruise around the Siem Reap and town and and for a blessing ceremony by Buddhist monks for happiness, prosperity and safety for your journey.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
Day 4: Floating market at Tolesap Lake - Departure
Breakfast at hotel. Visit the floating village of Chong Khneas, located 10 kilometers south of Siem Reap. We take a boat trip in a traditional wooden boat on the Tonle Sap Lake, the "Great Lake" of Cambodia, one of the largest in Asia.
We spend the rest of time visiting the "Chantiers Ecoles - Les Artisans d'Angkor" which provides training to young Cambodians in an effort to revive the ancient Khmer traditions of stone carving and wood sculpting.
Transfer to the airport for the flight departure
- Private tours with Local English speaking guide
- Tuk tuk ride as mentioned
- Hotel accommodation as mentioned
- A/C transport throughout the tours + Tuk tuk
- All transfers with our A/C transport
- Entrance fee to any applicable tourist sites
- Meals as indicated (B=breakfast, L= Lunch, D=dinner)
- Boat cruise as mentioned
- Cold water and towel during the trip
- Domestic & International flight ticket
- Bus ticket Phnom Penh – Siem Reap
- Visa stamps upon arrival
- Compulsory Gala Dinner on 24 Dec and 31 Dec
- Other meals not mentioned
- Tips & personal expenses
- Other not stated above
- Travel insurance